TransModeler: is a powerful and versatile traffic simulation package applicable to a wide array of traffic planning and modeling tasks. You can model and visualize the behavior of complex traffic systems in a 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional GIS environment to illustrate and evaluate traffic flow dynamics, traffic signal and ITS operations, and overall network performance.
TransModeler lets you create and manage multiple projects, networks, demand profiles, and traffic signal control strategies for alternatives analysis. With TransModeler you can:
- Import simulation data from Corsim and SimTraffic
- Manage a variety of input files for multiple scenarios
- Share project databases, traffic signal timing plans, and other input data between multiple projects
- Export subareas of larger networks to simulate traffic operations on a more localized scale
- Compare output results from multiple simulation runs
- Generate nicely formatted reports, maps, and charts for inclusion in reports and presentation slides
TransModeler boasts a vast and growing array of features that extends well beyond traffic simulators that came before it:
- Map desire lines representing traffic volumes between origin-destination pairs to convey otherwise hidden patterns in simulated trip tables.
- Conduct all your trip table estimation and development efforts inside TransModeler with a comprehensive set of matrix editing and computation tools.
- Compute shortest path matrices among a set of chosen origins and destination s so that, with a trip matrix, you can analyze trip length distributions in wide area models.
- Browse the full list of simulated trips and their paths in a map while filtering and sorting based on origin, destination, path, number of occupants, departure time, or any of a long list of driver, vehicle, and trip tables.
- Define arterial and corridor segments with interactive graphical editing tools to customize segment and corridor level-of-service reports consistent with Highway Capacity Manual definitions.
- Generate colorful and illustrative trip departure and arrival rate histograms.
- Query trip statistics and measures of effectiveness (MOEs) by origin, destination, path, vehicle type, or any combination of driver, vehicle, and trip attributes when generating reports.
- Generate tables, reports, charts, and thematic maps for individual runs or aggregated across multiple runs.
- Compute calibration statistics that characterize goodness of fit over time series data so that you can calibrate your model to match both the average and variance in observed field conditions.
- Dispatch new trips from anywhere in the network or divert trips en route to alternate destinations for modeling incident and hazard response or evacuation scenarios.
- Monitor public transportation service details, including schedule adherence and passenger information, during simulation at the route, stop, or vehicle level.
- Create a full and accurate picture of queues in a way that no other simulation model allows. Use interactive tools to illustrate in a map the ebb and flow of queues as spillback trees that dissipate from the head and that branch in multiple directions upstream over time.